At Laar & Berg, we pride ourselves on being able to offer the International Baccalaureate Middle Year’s Programme since 2003. Indeed, the benefits of such a programme are wide and varied, not least because it enables our students to dedicate themselves to an internationally comprised – and recognized – culture of learning that, we believe, prepares them for a rapidly changing and dynamic world. The Middle Years Programme is more than an academic curriculum: it fosters a learner profile of key life qualities; it promotes an inter-cultural awareness that goes beyond the norms of traditional educational systems; and it embeds in the student a desire to remain a life-long learner.
Why the Middle Years programme?
Parents who want the best possible education for their children choose the MYP because it includes:
• rigorous learning objectives
• a student-centred approach to teaching
• international perspectives
• concern for the whole child
• sustained teaching and learning in more than one language
• a focus on learning how to learn
• the development of flexible thinking that prepares students to evaluate information critically and apply knowledge in complex, unfamiliar situations.
The MYP teaches tools for lifelong learning and fosters responsible attitudes that help students discover how to use what they learn to take principled action.
(The Middle Years Programme: A guide for parents)